DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Shamrock Paper Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
Younger children will find this a very easy craft to make.
The shape has big, bold lines with relatively few curves which should
make it easier for preschoolers to cut out on their own.
You can choose between the full page template (one shamrock on the page)
or the half page template (two shamrocks on one page).
- Printer (we used construction paper)
- one of:
- colored macaroni
- colored rice
- Fruit Loops
click links for directions on how to color them
if you don't already know. Fruit loops are the best choice for
very young or large groups of children as they are safe to nibble on.
- Optional: something to color with, sparkle glue or glitter
- Optional: popsicle stick
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Decorate the shamrock with fruit loops, colored macaroni or colored
- Hang on the fridge!
- or -
Glue your shamrock to a Popsicle
stick and make your Shamrock dance while you sing this song:
little Shamrock (sung to: I'm a little Teapot)
look at me
oh what color can I be
If you said that I was
the color green
right up and YELL
for sharing this Karen!)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1 - Full sized (1 per page)
Template 2 - 1/2 sized (2 per page)
Printable version of these instructions