DLTK's Crafts for Kids
3D Shamrock Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D ornament you can hang around the room.
- Optional: crayons (or paint, markers, etc)
- string, thread, ribbon or wool
- Print template and color as desired.
- Cut out the template pieces (may require adult assistance and can be done before hand.
- Fold the shamrocks so they are two sided.
- Cut on one of the dotted lines right up to the center.
- Slide two shamrocks together, top to bottom
all I have is the snowflake image to show you how it's done
- Glue a ribbon or thread onto the top (or hole punch a small hole and tie a ribbon through (I used a thread and it worked really well).
- instead of simply coloring the template, here are some thoughts for Alternatives:
- green sparkles or sparkle glue.
- Salt Drip
- 3 parts flour
- 1 part salt
- food coloring (green would be nice)
Mix together 3 parts flour, 1 part salt, food coloring, and enough water to make a dripping consistency but
not too runny. Use a popsicle stick to drip onto paper shapes. Will dry hard and sparkly.
- grated chalk (take a piece of sidewalk or chalkboard chalk and rub it with course sandpaper to get chalk dust. Pour the dust
over glue covered paper.
- There are some brief instructions written right on the template.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions