DLTK's Craft for Kids
Paper Plate Wreath
© by Leanne Guenther
This is good scissor skills practice for
children - the template pieces are all circles making them fairly easy
to cut out.
- something to color with
- a paper plate
- Optional: red paint and paint brush
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape.
This will form the base of the wreath. (This may require adult
- Optional: Paint the donut shape red. Then you don't have to
worry about covering the plate completely if you prefer not to.
- Print out the template pieces - you may wish to print 2 or 3
copies of the template depending on how full you want your wreath to
be -- our photo is a mix of three templates (but we didn't use up
all the pieces).
- Color the flowers and 'MOM' template pieces (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces. This will take quite awhile --
you can provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of
- Glue your template pieces to completely cover your paper plate "donut".
- You can tie a bow and paste it on to decorate further.
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child
cut out and color one or two eggs, possibly print their names on
it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Mom Heart Template
Printable version of these instructions