This is good scissor skills practice for young children - the template pieces are all circles making them fairly easy to cut out. It can be a decoration or a gift for Mother's Day!
- something to color with
- a paper plate
- Optional: red paint and paint brush
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape. This will form the base of the wreath. (This may require adult assistance).
- Optional: Paint the donut shape red. Then you don't have to worry about covering the plate completely if you prefer not to.
- Print out the template pieces - you may wish to print 2 or 3 copies of the template depending on how full you want your wreath to be -- our photo is a mix of three templates (but we didn't use up all the pieces).
- Color the flowers and 'MOM' template pieces (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces. This will take quite awhile -- you can provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of your child).
- Glue your template pieces to completely cover your paper plate "donut".
- You can tie a bow and paste it on to decorate further.
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child cut out and color one or two eggs, possibly print their names on it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).