DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
These would make nice Spring or Mother's Day cards.
There are options boys would enjoy making too.
Even if you have a colour printer,
you may prefer the black and white version which the kids can colour in themselves...
- There are three templates for each of the card:
- the main template
- the window template
- the poem template.
- You can mix and match or skip pieces as you see fit.
- Print one of each type of template.
- Color the main template (if you choose the B&W option)
- If you choose the BLANK main template, glue a small photo of the
child, favorite pet, recipient, etc into the center area. You
could also cut pictures of favorite toys or flowers out of a magazine
and glue them to the center area.
- Cut out around the outside line.
- Fold in half on the dotted line to make a basic card.
- Now move onto the window template
- color as necessary
- Cut it out around the outside line
- Cut out the CENTER of the window (so you can see through the
card. I usually get a start on it for the kids and then let them
- Optional: glue/tape a piece of clear cellophane to the back
side so that it looks like a window.
- Glue the window template over top of the front of the main
template. It makes it look like your character is peeking through
- if you want to make the window look more 3D, glue some thin strips
of cardboard in between the main template and the window template so
the window "pops out" more.
- Print out the poetry template. Cut out around the outside line and
glue to the inside of the card.
- Let the kids write "Happy Mother's Day!" or some other short note to the front of the card and fill in
whatever they wish to the inside of the card.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Blank Template (color)
Girl Template (color)
Boy Template (color)
(window 2 is easier to cut out)
Window 1 Template (color)
Window 2 Template (color)
Template 1 (color)
Template 2 (color)
Printable version of these instructions.