I love to read a quote or poem every day so found the idea of receiving a jar full of meaningful messages for Mother's Day to be quite beautiful. You can use the quotes I provided and mix in some of your own personalized "I love you, mommy!" messages.
If you like this idea, you may also want to check out the Angel Messages in a Jar craft.
I prefer the B&W template, as it gives the children the chance to showcase their coloring skills. But if one child is preparing a whole batch of them on their own, you might want to print one color template and one B&W template (there are 6 messages on each template) so the child doesn't get tired of coloring *grin*.
- clean jar,
- Optional: something to color with
- Print the template(s) of choice. There are 6 messages on each template.
- Color, as necessary, and cut out the messages.
- Insert the messages into a clean glass jar and paint lid or or cover with a large doily, or tissue paper and use yarn or ribbon to tie it on.
- For an extra touch some potpourri or candy could be added or spray the
messages lightly with fragrance.
- Attach a small card that indicates that the recipient should open the jar and read a message at the beginning of each month. Or you can have them read a message whenever they need cheering up.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers.
you can also find a few more quotes on the Quotes for and about Mom page