This simple and heartfelt card is a perfect gift for Mother's day. By simply tracing a handprint children can create a card that says "I love you" in the best way! This is a great card because the handprints make a sweet keepsake for moms and children can include a sweet photo of them and their mom! Children can write out a heartfelt message or include a Mother's Day poem on the card.
- coloured paper,
- Optional: photograph
- Fold a coloured piece of paper in half. Trace a hand onto the paper with the thumb and index finger slightly over the folded edge.
- Cut out the handprint (there should be two attached handprints when the paper is unfolded).
- Take a photo and turn it over so the bottom is facing up. Trace the heart in the middle of the hands onto the bottom of the photo.
- Cut out the photo (IMPORTANT: make sure to cut a cm around the traced heart).
- Glue the edge of the photo heart (photo-side up) and attach it to the handprint.
- Glue the hands into a folded piece of paper (card)
- Write "I" onto the left hand and "YOU" onto the right hand. So that it looks like "I LOVE YOU" with the heart shape in the center.
- Children can write a heartfelt message onto the inside of the card or include Mother's Day song or poem.
- OPTIONAL: You can also do this card without including the photo or drawing a picture inside the heart.