DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Cute Kinara Paper Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
This cute Kwanzaa Kinara craft is very easy for
young children to make and it turns out really cute. They
love the little faces on the candles. We don't celebrate Kwanzaa,
but when my youngest saw me designing this one, she insisted we
make it *grin*.
The craft is made with a printer, paper, something
to color with, scissors, and glue.
Alternative FOR OLDER CHILDREN: Trace
the template pieces onto craft foam. Draw on details with
black marker or fabric paint (mouth, eyes, nose). This will
turn the craft into a nice, long lasting, wall hanging and challenges
their artistry a bit more than the preschool paper craft.
- Print out the template of choice (color or B&W)
- Colour or paint the template pieces.
- Cut out the template pieces (may require adult assistance).
- Glue the candles onto the base. (You can glue
one on each day of Kwanzaa)
- You can add the child's name and the year onto the back.
- You can write the Swahili name of the candles onto each
- You can glue this craft onto large butcher paper or
plain wrapping paper to make personalized gift wrap or onto the front
of a large piece of construction paper to make a card.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1 (red & green)
Template 2 (black & base)