This is a simple cut and paste paper card that can be done "just for fun", a space theme or a Halloween theme. After carefully folding it, this card will "pop up" when you open it!
I did the photo in black and white because I think it's a little easier to see the folding I did.
Quick tips: Color before you cut. Fold before you glue!
- something to colour with if using the B&W version,
- Optional: One piece of cardstock or construction paper
Valley Fold: fold so the picture is inside the fold (you can't see it anymore)
Mountain Fold: fold so the picture is outside the fold (visible after you fold it)
(An instructional video is available to help create your pop up card.)
- Print out the pop-up card template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate).
- Cut out the pieces from template 2. This may require adult assistance. It's important to cut the pieces out quite carefully.
- Cut template 1 out around the outside line. There is an empty box at the bottom that you can leave on to print a message inside or that you can cut off.
- Valley fold template 1 so the image is inside the card (after you fold, you can't see the image).
- Mountain fold the head (fold it in half so you can see the face after you fold)..
- Mountain fold the second template down the middle (suit jacket) - fold it in half so you can see the image after you fold.
- Mountain fold the other lines on the suit jacket that look like . These folds don't go all the way across the paper, so just pinch along the line to create a fold.
- Valley fold the lines on the suit jacket that look like . These folds don't go all the way across the paper, so just pinch along the line to create a fold.
- Glue the suit jacket to the card using the area on the card that says GLUE.
- Glue the head to the jacket using the area on the jacket that says GLUE.
- Let dry.
- Fold the card shut carefully using all the lines that you've folded previously, so that the jacket and head are inside the card. Once you have it all organized, press firmly so the card lays nice and flat when closed. When you open the card, the character will "pop up" at you!
- Optional: Fold a piece of construction paper or cardstock in half. Glue the card you've created inside the cardstock. Decorate the outside of the card however you would like!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).