DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Simple Pom Poms
© by Leanne Guenther
Quick and easy pom poms that you can make for a cheerleader costume.
- two hair scrunchies (one for each pom pom) in a complimentary color,
- curling ribbon in two or three colors
Note: You can buy curling ribbon at dollar stores (the cheapest option), craft stores or even Amazon.com:
- Measure about a 3 foot length of ribbon -- and then do it 50 more times *grin* -- I like to wrap the ribbon back and forth between my hands -- use
all of your colors.
- Tie your clump of ribbon around the hair scrunchy.
- Repeat the whole process to make a second pom pom.
- Practice your cheers!
- Check out directions for an entire cheerleader costume.
Printable version of these instructions