DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Halloween Bat Candle
© by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
- toilet paper roll,
- something to color with
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the rectangular piece onto the tp roll.
- Glue on the flame.
- Glue on the bats to decorate the candle as desired.
Alternative Decorating Ideas:
- Use sparkles, sparkle glue, or felt to decorate
the candle further.
- Place the candle on a round decorated piece of
paper, felt or paper doily.
- Print the black and white template on construction paper. Print a second copy on white paper and mix & match the pieces.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions