DLTK's Holidays for Kids
Halloween Goo Game
Thanks to one of our viewers for sharing this with us!
You will need:
- a bag of tapioca you will find in the dried food department of the supermarket.
- food colouring
- plastic spiders or other charms
- Take the bag of tapioca and put half in a bowl with some water and soak it for 1 hour.
- drain the water and add more water (not milk as it will say on the packet)
- Put in the microwave for a few minutes and the stir. repeat this until it starts to go clear
- When it is clear add the food colouring and mix well. ( it will be very sticky)
- leave to cool
- add your spiders or charms.
The longer you cook the tapioca the more sticky it gets so you can cook it in to a slime that you can roll and mould into shapes.
Blindfold the child and let them put their hand in the very sticky, lumpy cold slime. They have 30 seconds to grab a charm to win a prize.
Suggestion from another viewer:
"We play the Goo game but I use custard instead. Its easy to get hold of and cheap in packet mix."
Suggestion from viewer:
"I have another variation of the goo-game. Boil some spaghetti noodles and then place objects such as fake worms, spiders etc in a large mixing bowl, then blindfolded, set a time amount for the child to try and find as many items as possible!! This does get a little sticky after awhile, but it is fun!!"