Even the youngest crafters can make this project. It's great for the children in the baby room or toddler room in a daycare to make and hang from the ceiling.
You can add a Halloween jack-o'-lantern face with black paint, marker or black construction paper.
- finger paint (or tempra paint and brush) in orange (and green if you have it).
- cotton balls or shredded newspaper,
- IF HANGING: short piece of string, wool or ribbon.
- print two copies of the template (or just draw two pumpkins freehand but make them the same size). Do not cut out yet.
- Let the children paint the templates with finger paints or a brush and tempra paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut out the pumpkins (adults will need to help with this).
- Staple all the way around the edge of the pumpkins , leaving an opening at the top.
- Stuff pumpkins with shredded paper (kids age 3+ love to help with this step).
- Finish stapling the pumpkins closed.
- Staple a short piece of string to the top to hang from the ceiling.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).