DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Stuffed Pumpkin Finger Paint Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Even the youngest crafters can make this project. It's great for the children in the baby room or toddler room in a daycare to make and hang from the ceiling.
You can add a Halloween jack-o'-lantern face with black paint, marker or black construction paper.
- finger paint (or tempra paint and brush) in orange (and green if you have it).
- cotton balls or shredded newspaper,
- IF HANGING: short piece of string, wool or ribbon.
- print two copies of the template (or just draw two pumpkins freehand but make them the same size). Do not cut out yet.
- Let the children paint the templates with finger paints or a brush and tempra paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut out the pumpkins (adults will need to help with this).
- Staple all the way around the edge of the pumpkins , leaving an opening at the top.
- Stuff pumpkins with shredded paper (kids age 3+ love to help with this step).
- Finish stapling the pumpkins closed.
- Staple a short piece of string to the top to hang from the ceiling.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions