DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Even if you have a colour printer, you may prefer the black and white version which the kids can colour in themselves...
- something to color with
- Optional: clear celophane
- There are three templates for each of the card:
- the main template
- the window template
- the poem template.
- You can mix and match or skip pieces as you see fit.
- Print one of each type of template.
- Color the main template (if you choose the B&W option)
- If you choose the BLANK main template, glue a small photo of the child, favorite pet, recipient, etc into the center area. You could also cut pictures of favorite toys or flowers out of a magazine and glue them to the center area.
- Cut out around the outside line.
- Fold in half on the dotted line to make a basic card.
- Now move onto the window template
- color as necessary
- Cut it out around the outside line
- Cut out the CENTER of the window (so you can see through the card. I usually get a start on it for the kids and then let them finish it)
- Optional: glue/tape a piece of clear cellophane to the
back side so that it looks like a window.
- Glue the window template over top of the front of the main template.
It makes it look like your character is peeking through the window!
- Print out the poetry template. Cut out around the outside
line and glue to the inside of the card.
- Let the kids write "Happy Easter" or "Spring's Here!" or some other
short note to the front of the card and fill in whatever they wish to
the inside of the card.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Main Card Templates:
(window 2 is easier to cut out)