Thanks to Jolene for sharing this one with us!
- Egg Shells
- Food Coloring
- Coloring page(s) (available on our site)
- Collect egg shells.
- If you can, rub off the "skin" attached to the shell whilst they are still damp or you can let the shells dry (they seem to dye better this way).
- Then crush the shells - my kids love doing that.
- Put a few drops of food colouring in with the crushed egg shells (you might need to add a drop of water or 2 to make sure the colour dyes all the egg shells.
- You will need to let these dry about a day or 2 should be OK (as a short cut I used a hairdryer - but had a few egg shells on the counter as they are light and 'fly" out the bowl).
My Brownies then used these egg shells to decorate the
colouring picture that is on your site (chick is coming out of the
egg) by gluing them to the page using a quick drying glue.