DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Easter Mobile with Christian Message
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple mobile made up of crosses with
John 15:13 in the center. We usually create our mobiles by using two straws or
sticks taped or tied in a criss-cross or by using one paper towel or gift wrap roll with
all the pieces tied to it (this isn't as 3D a mobile, but is good for
- a printer,
- a piece of paper... .
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil
- string or yarn.
- small paper plate or circle of cardboard (old cereal boxes are a good
source of cardboard) AND two straws or sticks
- a paper towel roll
- Print out the template of choice... There are 2
crosses on template 1 and 2 and the message is on template 3. You can print out as
many as you want to fill up your mobile.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the Template pieces along the dotted lines.
- You can colour with sparkle glue if desired
or use paint, crayons markers or pastels. New mediums are always fun for kids.
- Fold the crosses in half and glue the back and
front together. Let dry.
- Poke a small hole in the top of each cross and tie with yarn or
string to the mobile you've chosen (straws, sticks or paper towel roll).
Paper Towel Roll Mobile:
Decorate your paper towel roll as desired:
You can use paint, paper, stickers, etc to match your theme.
string each mobile piece from the paper towel roll
Put a piece of string or wool right through the
paper towel roll to use to hang from the wall or ceiling.
Criss Cross Straws Mobile:
- You can let the kids decorate
the circle/paper plate with paint, markers or stickers.
- Poke a hole through the center of the paper plate or circle of
- Arrange the straws in an X shape and tie with wool.
- Tie a long piece of wool to the center of the X. Slide the
circle of cardboard or paper plate onto the wool (through the hole
- Tape the straws to the plate to keep them in their X shape and
to help them balanced.
- String each mobile piece onto one of the straws (and in the
center if desired)
- Decorate your lid as desired: You can use paint, paper,
stickers, etc to match your theme.
- Use a hole punch or sharp pencil to poke holes all the way
around the lid at equal distances (you need as many holes as you
have mobile pieces.
- String each mobile piece onto one of the holes you've made.
- String another piece of yarn from each of the holes, going up to
the ceiling. Tie all of these pieces together to make a knot
you can hang your mobile with.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions