DLTK's Crafts for Kids
3D Cross Paper Craft
This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D ornament
you can hang around the room.
- paper (I prefer construction paper as it's a bit sturdier)
- Optional: crayons (or paint, markers, etc)
- string, thread, ribbon or wool
- Print template (there is only B&W available) and color as desired.
- Cut out the template pieces (may require adult assistance and can
be done before hand.
- Cut on one of the dotted line right up to the center.
- Pick out the two matching cross (this is good practice for young
- Slide the cross together, top to bottom
all I have is the snowflake image to show you how it's done
- Glue a ribbon or thread onto the top (or hole punch a small hole
and tie a ribbon through (I used a thread and it worked really
- instead of simply coloring the template, here are some thoughts
- sparkles or sparkle glue
- Salt Drip
- 3 parts flour
- 1 part salt
- food coloring
Mix together 3 parts flour, 1 part salt, food
coloring, and enough water to make a dripping consistency but
not too runny. Use a popsicle stick to drip onto paper
shapes. Will dry hard and sparkly.
- There are some brief instructions written right on the template.
- If you want your cross to be two-sided, print two templates out
and glue matching cross together back to back. Do everything else
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting
the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in
Printable version of these instructions