DLTK's Crafts for Kids
3D Father's Day Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D ornament you can hang around the room.
- something to color with (if using the B&W version),
- hole punch,
- string, thread, ribbon or wool.
- Optional: thin cardboard
- Print template of choice and color as necessary.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Fold each piece in half (on the dashed line) so they are all colored
on both the front and the back.
- Optional: Put thin cardboard in between the front and back
of each template piece to make them a bit sturdier.
- Glue together so the pieces are colored on both sides.
- 3D Hearts:
- Cut on one of the dotted lines of each template piece (only
cut as far as the dotted line goes, not all the way through the
- Slide the pieces together, top to bottom
- Glue a piece of ribbon, string or thread onto the top (or hole
punch a small hole and tie a ribbon through). If you hole
punch, do it through the heart that is cut from the bottom, not
the one that is cut from the top.
- Happy Father's Day sign:
- punch three holes in the bottom of the Happy Father's Day
sign template (one in the center and one on each edge).
- string one heart through each of the holes so it hangs down
from the sign.
- punch a hole in the bottom of the middle heart and string the
fourth heart through that hole
- Print as many copies of template 3 as you like and keep adding
hearts to the bottom of the other hearts and the Happy Father's
Day sign to make a very busy scene!
- 'numbers practice' -- count the hearts.
- 'colors practice' -- color the background of each heart a different color.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions