DLTK's Crafts for Kids
3D Father's Day Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D ornament you can hang around the room on Father's Day.
- something to color with (if using the B&W version),
- hole punch,
- string, thread, ribbon or wool.
- Optional: thin cardboard
- Print templates.
- Color as necessary -- pencil crayons are my favorite coloring tool, but the girls like markers. The kids and mom can make this together, each coloring their own pieces for dad.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Fold each piece in half (on the dashed line) so they are all colored
on both the front and the back.
- Optional: Put thin cardboard in between the front and back
of each template piece to make them a bit sturdier.
- Glue together so the pieces are colored on both sides.
- 3D Hearts:
- Cut on one of the dotted lines of each template piece (only
cut as far as the dotted line goes, not all the way through the
Slide the pieces together, top to bottom.
- Glue a piece of ribbon, string or thread onto the top (or hole
punch a small hole and tie a ribbon through). If you hole
punch, do it through the heart that is cut from the bottom, not
the one that is cut from the top.
- Happy Father's Day sign:
- punch three holes in the bottom of the Happy Father's Day
sign template (one in the center and one on each edge).
- string one heart through each of the holes so it hangs down
from the sign.
- punch a hole in the bottom of the middle heart and string the
fourth heart through that hole
- Print as many copies of template 3 as you like and keep adding
hearts to the bottom of the other hearts and the Happy Father's
Day sign to make a very busy scene!
- 'numbers practice' -- count the hearts.
- 'colors practice' -- color the background of each heart a different color.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions