DLTK's Holiday Activities
Chinese Medal (Necklace)
Originally made for the Olympics, this makes a cute necklace for kids to wear for any Chinese occasion.
Alternative CRAFT IDEAS: These templates can also be used as a mobile (just make 4 of them and arrange them at the ends of 2 crisscrossed
drinking straws) or as a CD Rom coaster (just glue the template onto a CD ROM and put clear contact paper over top to seal).
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons (if using B&W template),
- ribbon, string or wool (long enough so the medal will go over the
- Optional: cardboard (can use old cereal boxes)
- Optional: clear contact paper (can purchase at office supply
- Print out the templates of choice.
- colour as appropriate.
- Cut out template piece.
- Optional: Cut out a circle of cardboard the same size as the
medal. Glue in between the two halves to make it sturdier.
- Fold medal in half and glue together.
- Optional: Cut out two circles of clear contact paper slightly
larger than the medal. Sandwich the medal in between the pieces
and trim as necessary. This will make the medal sturdier and water proof.
- Poke a hole in the top and thread string, ribbon or wool through.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).